Q: How do you jump off the battery?

How do you jump off the battery?

A: While your car includes a number of safety ...

While your car includes a number of safety systems designed to help prevent the possibility of being stranded with a dead battery, it’s still possible. Here’s what you need to know to get your car jump-started:

1. Put the car in Park, engage the parking brake and open the hood.

2. Connect the positive cable to the positive terminal on your battery.

3. Connect the other end of the positive cable to the battery on the other car.

4. Connect the negative cable to the negative terminal on the other car’s battery.

5. Connect the other end of the negative cable to the frame or an exposed metal area under the hood of your car.

6. Make sure the other car’s engine is running.

7. Crank your car.

8. If your engine doesn’t start immediately, wait a minute or two and try again.

9. After your car is running, let it run for another three minutes.

10. Disconnect the jumper cables in the reverse order of installation (negative on your car first, then proceed backward).

11. Have your battery replaced as soon as possible.