Q: How do you check the dash bulbs?

How do you check the dash bulbs?

Your dash is where you’ll find a lot of important information, as well as most of the warning lights on your vehicle. The Check Engine Light, Brake light, gear selection, Low Tire Pressure Light and many others are located here. They’re all operated by bulbs, and you need to make sure those bulbs are all working. Here’s what you need to do:

1. Turn the ignition off.

2. Shut all the doors (including the trunk).

3. Put on the parking brake.

4. Turn the ignition to on.

5. The Battery, Brake, Oil Pressure, Check Engine, Seat Belt and Master lights should come on and stay on.

6. The ABS, Air Bag, Traction Control, Traction Control Off and Transmission lights should turn on but go off within a few seconds.

7. If any of these don’t light up, it means there’s a bulb blown or a problem with the wiring.