Q: How do you bleed out the brakes and replace the brake fluid

I need help with bleeding out the brakes by pumping the brake pedal.

A portable power bleeder is recommended for brake bleeding. Manipulating the brake pedal to expel brake fluid is not recommended because that technique causes the piston to move in the master cylinder much beyond the usual range and that can cause problems. In addition, if your car is equipped with ABS brakes, should air enter into the lines if you make a mistake you will need a bi-directional scan tool to remotely activate the ABS system and expel the air. Brake bleeding must be performed in a particular wheel sequence, bleeder screws have to be re-tightened to a specified torque in inch pounds and most important of all, you must be knowledgeable of the hazards of contact with brake fluid. In the future, this may be something that is good to do on a DIY basis, but if you have never done it before and you do not have a power bleeder, I highly recommend you let a certified professional walk you through the process, that is watch how it is done. If you desire to schedule this service, please use YourMechanic’s brake fluid replacement service request page and the responding certified mechanic will help you right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. How do you bleed out the brakes and replace the brake fluid