Q: how do wagner brake rotors and pads compae to stock GM

asked by on August 29, 2017

How do Wagner Brake Pads and Rotors compare to stock replacement from a Chevy Dealer? I believe the Wagner is probably better

Hi Jerry. Thanks for writing in today. I am a fan of this brand of brake system components. However, in regards to being "better" than OEM, that’s a very difficult question to provide a straight and clear answer. Generally speaking, the pads tend to last a bit longer, but the compromise is that they tend to cause excessive heat and friction - causing more wear on rotors. The compare with OEM brake system components in regards to stopping power, but sometimes have compatibility issues with ABS systems. My general rule of thumb is to always use OEM replacement components, but the brand you’ve mentioned are a good option to consider.