Q: How do I use the child restraints?

How do I use the child restraints?

Child restraints help hold a car seat in position, especially if it’s equipped with the Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) system.

1. Locate the buttons on the rear seats. They indicate where the anchors are positioned. Attach the car seat belts to these anchors.

2. Locate the anchor brackets on the back of the rear seats. Attach the belt from the car seat to this anchor.

3, For a rear-facing seat, attach the seat belt through the lower part of the car seat and up to the top plate. Make sure it is retracted to the point where it is locked in place.

1. With a booster seat, you only have to run the seat belt through the lower back part of the car seat and lock it into the buckle.

Tip

Use the correct seat and position for the size and age of the child.