Q: How do I start the car if the immobilizer system is active?

How do I start the car if the immobilizer system is active?

A: The immobilizer system is responsible for k...

The immobilizer system is responsible for keeping the car from turning on with an unregistered key. If the system is not allowing you to turn on the vehicle with a registered key, it is likely because of the presence of a second registered key, an automated payment device, or an automated toll road device. If so, follow these steps to turn on your car: 1. Turn the ignition to ON, and let it sit for about five seconds. 2. After the five seconds, turn the ignition to OFF, and let it sit for about ten seconds. 3. After the ten seconds, repeat steps 1 and 2. 4. Hold the interfering device away from the key. 5. Restart the vehicle.