Q: How do I read the four-wheel drive (4WD) gauge?

How do I read the four-wheel drive (4WD) gauge?

A: The four-wheel drive gauge is located on th...

The four-wheel drive gauge is located on the instrument panel, and displays your vehicle’s power distribution.

Q: There's a bad smell after I rebuilt the transmission

Hi, and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. What seems to be happening is that your vehicle is having a parasitic draw (power drain with key off) within the electrical system of the transmission. Check the harness to the transmission and look...

Q: I replaced my clutch and bleed my hydraulic clutch master cylinder. But when I put the truck in 2H and try to shift, I won't shift.

Hi there. There seems to be an issue with the transfer case on your vehicle. The transfer case may have a bent fork or the shifter synchronizer has broken teeth. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from...

Q: Can I drive 500 miles with a bad ignition coil?

Unfortunately, a faulty ignition coil is known for randomly failing with or without warning. There are usually indications that it may be failing, however, it is often times difficult to know just how long it may last once it begins...