Q: How do I know which service to select to repair my suspension? Is it better financially to convert suspension from air

The rear suspension on my car has dropped. The back of the car looks as if it is sitting on top of the back tires. This happened about a year ago when the vehicle was connected to a tow truck and the switch was not turned off in the trunk before towing. Is there a cheaper alternative to air suspensions that will allow me to repair the vehicle and drive safely?

Hi Leroy, You may be able to locate conversion kits to change over air bag suspension to regular springs suspension. The replacement air bags would be more expensive than the spring conversion kits and you will not have any more problems with the rear suspension after installing the new springs. The new spring kits vary by manufacture, but come with springs for both sides, new shocks, mounting hardware and the kit should cost less than $200. The installation should be about 4 hours labor to install the new kit. If you need further assistance, YourMechanic can also replace suspension springs.

• How do I know which service to select to repair my suspension? Is it better financially to convert suspension from air