Q: How do i know if there is current going to the ignition coil

Hi. My car wont start. At first I thought it was a fuel problem so I changed the fuel pump but it wasn't that. I checked the spark plugs and two of them were covered in oil. I spoke to a mechanic and he told me to change the engine valve cover because there was oil leaking into the spark plug. I did that too, I cleaned the cylinder heads too. I didn't change the ignition coils because they seem to be working. In the end the car wont start at all. I had a friend of mine that told me to check the fuses inside the cabin near the pedals. I haven't tried that yet. So, If you can give me any advise it would be of a great help. And a way to test if the current is going to the ignition coils. Thanks

Hi Lazaro. Thanks for contacting us tonight. There is a procedure for testing the ignition coils, but we can’t post that here - as it’s listed in the service and repair manual for your vehicle, with imagery that really helps you understand the process. However, one item you didn’t list on the repairs you completed after finding the oil on the spark plugs was replacing the plugs. Hopefully, you did this - but if not, replace all plugs and check the fuse & electrical relay. Buying a service and repair manual will really help you in this case - and to complete any future repairs.

3. How do i know if there is current going to the ignition coil