Q: The engine is disengaging while driving; could it be the timing belt?

The engine is disengaging while driving; could it be the timing belt?

The engine light came on at the first incident and never went off. When I try to accelerate, the engine kinda stops and resume right after.

Hi Saman. Thanks for contacting us tonight. While a damaged or loose timing belt can cause these symptoms, I’m not 100% convinced that this is the actual problem. Since you have a warning light on the dash, this will have stored an error code inside the ECU of your Toyota Camry. By having a professional mechanic complete a check engine light inspection, this will give them a better indication as to what might be causing this problem, and what repairs to complete.