Q: How Do I Know If My Brake Fluid Is Low?

How do I know if my brake fluid is low?

3. How Do I Know If My Brake Fluid Is Low?

Q: Changed brake pads and no obvious fluid leaks, brake pedal goes to floor with no resistance.

When you replace your brake pads you had to push back the caliper pistons to get the pads out and the new ones in. After the calipers are put back on you will have to pump the brake pedal several...

Q: Brakes no longer working.

If you step on the brake pedal and it feels soft or drops to the vehicle floor, air has entered the system. However, if the brake pedal is hard and difficult to depress, the power brake booster may be at...

Q: Parking brake is locked up.

The car can still be towed. Often, the metal wires cables that control the mechanical parking brake may rust in their insulation and that causes the cable to bind and seize. These systems can fail in both the released position...