Q: How do I check my transmission fuild and where is it located ?cant seem to find it

Had my oils change a few weeks back and the tech came back and told me my car was ready but I had a transmission leak how do I go about checking that myself and what do I do to fix or prevent it from leaking ? Thank you so much corin

A: Great question. Some newer cars don’t allow...

Great question. Some newer cars don’t allow you to check your transmission fluid. If your car has one, the transmission dipstick should be somewhere close to the transmission or coming from the transmission. The dipstick will more than likely have a red handle. In order to check it you will need to have your engine running. If there is no ring or tab on it you won’t be able to check it. You will need to take it to a shop specializing in your vehicle’s make to have it inspected. As far as your question about leaking, I would have your transmission inspected to ensure you fix the problem. I wouldn’t attempt put anything in your transmission to stop a leak. You don’t want to run into any issues where you transmission won’t shift or just stops working all together. If you need help with this, a certified mobile technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the transmission leak.