Q: How do I buckle the center seat belt in the second row of seats?

How do I buckle the center seat belt in the second row of seats?

A: While the driver and passenger sides (front...

While the driver and passenger sides (front and rear) have conventional shoulder and lap belt combination systems, the center seat belt in the second row seat is a little different. It’s a three-point system that uses a separate lap and shoulder belt. There are also two buckles that must be used at the same time. Here’s how to use it:

1. Sit as far back in the seat as possible.

2. Pull the lap belt over and buckle it.

3. Pull the shoulder belt across and buckle it in the other buckle.

4. Double check that both buckles are secure.

Never use just the shoulder belt or just the lap belt. Both must be used at all times in the center position in the second row.