Q: How can I get a replacement key?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How can I get a replacement key?

You can get a key for the vehicle at a dealer or a locksmith, just be sure that it’s a PASS-key III+ which is denoted by a plus symbol in a circle. These keys are coded and must be learned by the vehicle anti theft system.

Tip

Always have a programmed spare key accessible. If the original key is lost or damaged and the spare key becomes the only usable key, get a replacement right away. With no spare, retrieving a key locked inside of the vehicle can cause damage. If the key is lost and a second key is not programed to the vehicle, a trip to the dealer or locksmith with capability of programming the key.