Q: My car starts then stallsafter a few seconds and won't start again

this vehicle will start for a few seconds then stall and will not start again. l have changed the IAC, MAF, EGR, Fuel Filter, Battery, Plugs and Coils, and even changed a few vacuum lines. and it still does the same thing. Car will not run long enough to try and pull any codes

Hello. The steps you have taken at this point are all appropriate, and help to eliminate a lot of the electrical components that can cause stalling. You may be looking at a mechanical issue instead of an electrical one. You may want to perform a compression test. This will let you know if the engine is having any mechanical faults not allowing compression cycles to continue.

If this is the issue, the cause of the lack of compression will need to be determined in order to make a repair. Catalytic converters can also clog causing a mechanical failure of the engine. In this situation the first few combustion cycles occurs and the exhaust gas has no where to go. It builds up and chokes out the engine. In this case, the catalytic converter will need to be replaced.

Start by performing the compression test to see if the engine is in good physical condition. Then turn to check the exhaust system.

If you need some help with this, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your location to diagnose your stalling issue firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs. Best of luck.