Q: Hood won't open in 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser

The car hood doesn't open. I also have problems with the new radiator.

Hello. If the hood does not open after a radiator replacement, the latch may have been disturbed. The support that the latch bolts to, needs to be removed to replace the radiator. The cable could have fallen off, or the height adjustment changed. If the release lever goes all the way to the end of it’s travel with little resistance, the cable is off or broken. If it moves little, or very stiff, the adjustment may be off. Have a helper press up and down the hood while trying to release it. If that doesn’t work, the latch will need manually popped. This is not easy because access to it is very limited. I don’t know what kind of problem you are having with the radiator. The engine still overheating? Is it leaking? Sometimes a leaking radiator can be the effect of a larger problem like bad head gaskets. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect coolant leak and also inspect the hood release mechanism to ensure your hood opens properly in the future.

3. Hood won't open in 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser