I got a p2646 code on my 2009 honda cr lx 2.4 L

I got a p2646 code on my 2009 honda cr lx 2.4 L Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it? That is Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LX yourself? What hav...

I got a p2646 code on my 2009 honda cr lx 2.4 L Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it? That is Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LX yourself? What have you tried so far? Nope not yet but I am fixing it on my own

Automotive Expert
Thanks for using JustAnswer.com! My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I'll try to answer your car questions. I'll start off with some basic checks to do, then we can get into more advanced diagnostics if needed. Let me know if any questions come up, or if there is anything I can do to help! You can update this message at anytime. - I'm sorry to hear about any troubles with the vehicle, but would be glad to try and help! - What type of vehicle is being worked on? CRV?

2009 Honda CR-V lx 2.4L engine dual over head camI had a check actually three when I was going back home from work. when I was accelerating at about 80 miles per hour at the free way then all the three lights came on the dashboard I was freaked out. One was a check engine the other was a warning light and the other one was vsa light I knew what the warning and the engine light was for but I don't know what was the vsa for but I took to the dealership they said it was not a big issue just, This warning light serves as an icon for your Honda vehicle's Vehicle Stability Assist system and indicates that there is something wrong with the system itself. The Vehicle Stability Assist system helps to stabilize your Honda while cornering in the event your ride turns a little more or less than desired. So explain to me how I fix the p2646 code.
Automotive Expert
Hello, thanks for updating. The codes for the traction control system may have set due to the engine code, or there may be other issues. What codes were setting in the stability control module? The P2646 code relates to the engine's variable valve timing system. Recommend making sure engine oil system is as clean as possible, and good oil pressure is being built by the oil pump. Attaching the test procedures for the code to the message to help with diagnosis, may need to be on pc/email platform to view. Lemme know what youre seeing, or if any questions come up while checking things out!

hiI went to the dealership they said they were going to replace the whole Vtec solenoid is that going to fix the issueBut the other two lights warning light and the vsa I don't what is it forIs the vsa and the warning light a big problem if it is what do I do or what can I do to fix it.
Automotive Expert
Sorry for delay, ok sounds good about replacing the vtec solenoid. As far as the vsa light, suspect it will clear after the vtec repair, but if still on afterwards, recommend having them rescan the vsa and other modules for trouble codes, possible wiring or wheel speed sensor input issue to the module. Lemme know what yall are seeing, or if any questions come up while getting it checked out!

Ok thank you so much I will let you know if I have any questions
Automotive Expert
You bet, glad to help! Sounds good, you can update the message at anytime, and I'll get back to you asap! Thanks again for using JustAnswer.com!

Still not sure what you need?

Have a certified mobile mechanic diagnose what's wrong with your car, at your home or office.

Trending Topics