Why does a 2012 civic shake when it's not moving and I ch...

Why does a 2012 civic shake when it's not moving and I change the gear? Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the [transmission](/topics-transmission-honda/)? Have you checked the brake switch? It's about 8 years old with 1770...

Why does a 2012 civic shake when it's not moving and I change the gear? Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the [transmission](/topics-transmission-honda/)? Have you checked the brake switch? It's about 8 years old with 177000 miles. Not yet. Where would I check? Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes. I changed the spark plugs and coils. Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? When it's in park, it feels a bit accelerated. The rpm lower when I put it in gear. Thanks.

Automotive Expert
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I have over 22 years of experience in this field. I'm so sorry for your inconvenience and hopefully, I can help. Is the check engine light on?

Hi. Not that I can tell.
Automotive Expert
Have your vehicle scanned for trouble codes, even if the light is not on a code can be stored in the computer's memory. Also check the throttle body and see if it is dirty with carbon. Clean as needed.

Ok, thank you.
Automotive Expert
You are very welcome.