Q: HI the battery is dead have a 2012 jeep grand cherokee and can't get to the battery under the seat as no power also tried jump sta

2012 jeep grand cherokee battery dead and can't start it to move the seat to get to the battery underneath also tried jump starting from the terminals under the hood but terminals started smoking and didn't start truck is there any other way or why it would be smoking and burning the terminals?

It is possible that the smoke could have been due to the jumper cables being installed backwards. I would recommend double checking to make sure that you connected the cables properly. If you did connect the cables properly and the vehicle is still smoking, it is likely that a major electrical short has occured within your vehicle. If this is the case, I would recommend having the vehicle towed to your local Jeep dealership as the issue may be covered under warranty.

3. HI the battery is dead have a 2012 jeep grand cherokee and can't get to the battery under the seat as no power also tried jump sta