Q: Hi I have a 06 dodge sprinter with 300k miles 2.7l. I have oil coming out from the injector (2) Could I be having bad rings?

Hi I have an 06 sprinter 2.7l with 300k miles.. everything runs okay with it but I consume 2 much oil especially because I have oil coming from injector 2.. what could be the problem??

Hi there. Check the crankcase ventilation valve and see if it’s plugged up. The valve will cause the engine crankcase to build up too much pressure and the injector seal could be cracked causing the engine oil to come out of the injector base. Pull out the injector and inspect the seal and see if it is damaged. Replace the seal on the injector and / or the crankcase ventilation valve. If both parts are good, then you can screw in a tester where the injector goes into and test the engine for compression. If the compression is low, then the rings are worn. If the compression is high, but there is excessive oil in the cylinder, then either the oil control ring is damaged or the valve guide seals are leaking. If you need further assistance with your engine having oil leaking from the injector, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Hi I have a 06 dodge sprinter with 300k miles 2.7l. I have oil coming out from the injector (2) Could I be having bad rings?