Q: Hi! I had a flat tire this morning and o am driving on my spare, the "low tire pressure sensor fault" light came on.

Had a flat this morning and I'm now driving on my spare. The "low tire pressure sensor fault" light came on. Is that just because it's a spare? And is it ok to drive until I get my regular tire fixed tomorrow?

If you have used a tire pressure gauge to confirm that the pressure in each tire is at 32 PSI cold, you need not worry. If the spare tire is of the space saving type and thus has a higher required inflation pressure (often as much as 60 PSI; read tire sidewall), simply use a tire pressure gauge to be sure it is set to the higher pressure as printed on the tire sidewall. With regard to the sensor, it may be that pressure is too low in the spare or the sensor in the spare in missing or broken. If you believe the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) is malfunctioning, please request a warning light diagnostic - TPMS and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hi! I had a flat tire this morning and o am driving on my spare, the "low tire pressure sensor fault" light came on.