Q: Hi! Check Engine Light appeared after upgrading the timing on my Cadillac SRX 3.6 engine from year 2004 to 2007.

Hi! I was upgraded timing on my cadillac srx 3.6 engine from year 2004 to 2007 Engine working very smooth, only one problem, check engine light coming up., its showing code all camshafts sensors problem. Did I suppose reprogram my computer?

Hello. I would not recommend changing the timing between model years. There are certainly software differences in the engine management system (this is what is causing your Check Engine Light), and there may be physical differences in timing reference points (both camshaft and crankshaft), sensors, etc. If you changed the cam timing physically, you may also be in danger of a valve-to-piston collision as well - which would cause major damage to your engine. Best to stick with the stock timing for the "build year" of your engine. If the problem persists, consider having the Check Engine Light diagnosed by one of our mobile technicians.

• Hi! Check Engine Light appeared after upgrading the timing on my Cadillac SRX 3.6 engine from year 2004 to 2007.