Q: Hesitation on take off

My 05 durango hesitates on take off.This problem is worse when the AC or defrost is on. I have taken it to many repair shops. Transmission checked , tuneup and no codes come up. Please help!!

A hesitation present during acceleration is usually a sign of a fuel delivery or fuel ratio problem. Naturally, this will be enhanced when the AC is on since the AC increases the load on the vehicle’s engine more than normal.

There is a unit called a mass air flow sensor which monitors the air intake into the engine as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor.

When this information is received by the car’s computer, it is then used to make adjustments to fuel supply depending on what the results are. When this is faulty, this will cause these adjustments to be incorrect which results in the hesitation you describe.

If you’d like to get this fixed, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your acceleration hesitation and help you fix it accordingly.