Q: Hesitating reversing and over 50 trans light comes on in drive

When it snowed last week I was driving on interstate at about 55 and overdrive light started flashing and check trans light came on only when going above 50. Then a few days ago my car was parked face down towards my garage on a small hill and my car wouldn't back up and now it's hesitating backing up at all. Please help.

If you have a transmission fluid dipstick, check the fluid level. If there is no dipstick, view the bottom of the transmission case and output shafts and see if there are any obvious big leaks. Inadequate fluid is one cause of transmission malfunctions. If the fluid level is correct and thus not a cause of the malfunction, there might be stored diagnostic trouble codes and, if so, those codes should be evaluated and followed up on. With regard to the hesitation, it is not clear if you are referring to engine loss of power in reverse or the transmission slipping in reverse gear. If you have engine loss of power that issue is likely separate from the transmission. If you want a mobile diagnostic, and thence indication of what the required repairs and cost will be, simply request an engine loss of power diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will deal with both the transmission issue and engine issue, if the engine issue exists. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Hesitating reversing and over 50 trans light comes on in drive