Q: Hello. My car shifts into gear... the engine revs, the transmission gauge moves as it should... but the car doesn't move right awa

Van goes into gear, transmission gauge moves as engine revs... but it doesn't move right away. Someone drained the trans fluid and refilled... added stop slip to it. Once it is warmed up, it drives as it should. Well kinda. There is a reason this model was short lived... problems all around. Ha. Please tell me it is a speed sensor. I can't afford to replace the transmission.

Hi Kim. Thanks for writing in to YourMechanic.com today. As much as I’d like to tell you for certain that it’s a speed sensor issue, the description you’re providing just won’t permit me to do so. Generally speaking, what you are describing is caused by an inner transmission seal failure or an obstruction in the hydraulic lines. Adding the Stop Slip could have contributed to making the problem worse. It is possible that the speed sensor or the electrical harness connected to it might be the problem. It’s probably best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection, so they can determine what is causing this issue before repairs are made.

3. Hello. My car shifts into gear... the engine revs, the transmission gauge moves as it should... but the car doesn't move right awa