Q: Hello I have a question I have a 2005 Chrysler and my check ingen light came on and my the lightning bult I tryed starting it and

asked by on March 24, 2018

Hello I have a question I have a 2005 Chrysler and my check ingen light came on and my the lightning bult I tryed starting it and What if I left it were I have it parked over night would it start

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The lightning bolt warning light alerts you to a fault in the electronic throttle control system in your vehicle. This may be a faulty throttle body, the throttle body sensor or possibly the throttle body control motor which is what controls the opening and closing of the throttle body as the motor requires more fuel. There are probably stored diagnostic trouble codes which will usually aid in finding the fault. Prior to requesting service, though, you can try to reset the system using the following steps: 1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" position but do not start the engine; 2) Wait for all the warning lights to go out. The check engine light may remain on; 3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor; 4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it is all the way back up at the rest position; 5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF" position; 6) Start the engine and test the throttle to see if the engine speed will throttle up. This procedure is typically applicable any time the battery is disconnected or replaced but is still worth trying in your case. If there are any codes in the computer that relate to the gas pedal position sensor, that could cause the lightning bolt warning light to appear as well. If the above procedure does not resolve the issue and you cannot start the vehicle, please request service and the responding certified mechanic will get your car operational for sure, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.