Q: Hello, I have a 98 Lexus LS400. I bought the alternator already, if you were to come install/replace it, would you still charge fo

If you install or replace the alternator, will you charge for the parts? I bought a brand new one and would like that one installed. I would like a price quote without the part you would typically use.

You are welcome to buy your own parts and book a certified mechanic from YourMechanic to install those parts or perform associated repairs. In your circumstance, the procedure is to go to YourMechanic’s alternator replacement service page. At that page, click on "Get a Quote" and enter your year, make and model. Then, as you review the quote online, open the “price breakdown” tab, and click on “parts options.” From there, you can choose to remove all the parts from your quote and all that will remain is, as you are requesting, just the labor charge. If you request the service, a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will get the alternator replacement taken care of for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

• Hello, I have a 98 Lexus LS400. I bought the alternator already, if you were to come install/replace it, would you still charge fo