Q: After an oil change, I was told that I needed an oil pan reseal. Is and oil pan replacement basically the same thing? 2007 Volkswagen Beetle

Per report from my last car inspection:

Technician Notes: Noticed fluid leaking at the engine oil pan area and this should be repaired to avoid possible internal damage. Recommendation: *To perform engine oil pan reseal procedure with pressure wash and oil service.

3. After an oil change, I was told that I needed an oil pan reseal. Is and oil pan replacement basically the same thing? 2007 Volkswagen Beetle