Q: After an oil change, I was told that I needed an oil pan reseal. Is and oil pan replacement basically the same thing? 2007 Volkswagen Beetle

Per report from my last car inspection:

Technician Notes: Noticed fluid leaking at the engine oil pan area and this should be repaired to avoid possible internal damage. Recommendation: *To perform engine oil pan reseal procedure with pressure wash and oil service.

Hi there. An oil pan reseal means that the oil pan is removed and the gasket or seal is replaced and then it is reinstalled. An oil pan replacement means that the oil pan itself needs to be replaced. It is the same amount of labor but one of these jobs will simply have more parts involved.

3. After an oil change, I was told that I needed an oil pan reseal. Is and oil pan replacement basically the same thing? 2007 Volkswagen Beetle