Q: Helicopter noise coming from drivers side tire

When I'm not hitting the gas or when I'm braking a helicopter type noise comes from the drivers side wheel I believe. It was quite but now it is very loud. Should I risk driving it 30 miles to my mechanic?

Hi there. This sounds like it could a serious issue with the potential to be a safety related issue. There’s no true way to tell whether driving the car in its current condition is safe or not. However, I would play it on the safe side and not risk the drive. The noise could be a wheel bearing or axle coming apart; possible brake components which is a definite safety risk. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid a potential safety issue and avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has your time and safety as our top priorities; we come to you. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car is making a noise inspection.

3. Helicopter noise coming from drivers side tire