Q: He

Hello Richard

I m really interesting in estimating the true cost of maintance when drifting an m4 and how long should I use the car without breaking the engine on a track day ??

A: Hi there: The problem with the question yo...

Hi there:

The problem with the question you’re asking is that we don’t have enough data about the different performance adders you’ve upgraded for drifting application. The problem with consistent spinning of drive wheels is that it creates incredible friction of all driveline components; so if the motor has a rev limited (which is common) the main issue you need to worry about are the axles, transmission, clutch and other internal components that are incredibly difficult to replace if they are OEM. Best for you to consult with a performance BMW specialist about what upgrades you should make to protect your vehicle as much as possible.