Want to know if engine number matches vin l4-2.5l altima ...

Q: Want to know if engine number matches vin

asked by on April 14, 2017

How do i check to see if engine number matches vin.

There is an engine serial number stamped on the extreme right lower front of your engine. The exact location of the serial number is depicted in an illustration appearing on page 9-10 (Section 9, page 10) of your vehicle’s owner manual (the owner’s manual is posted on the Internet in case you don’t have a paper copy). The serial number of the engine is unique to your VIN number and thus the dealer can confirm if the two match or not. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.