Q: Has a knocking like sound only in drive and reverse.

Has a knocking noise in drive or reverse only was happening only when you raise the motor up but now it's doing it at normal. Speed

It would help knowing what the vehicle you have to get an idea of what we’re working with. I can only guess that you have a problem with the motor mounts or the engine itself is knocking inside.

If the motor is knocking, a mechanic would need to listen to the noise to pinpoint where it is coming from. There are also other reasons for the sounds as well, I have seen the same symptoms from a bad vibration damper, to things like the crankshaft bearings being bad. When you put the vehicle in gear it puts strain on the crankshaft and this could be what you have. I’d recommend having your vehicle check out by a certified technician, they will be able to pinpoint the source of the noise and figure out what exactly needs to be fixed.

3. Has a knocking like sound only in drive and reverse.