Q: What tips should I know about using the air conditioner?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What tips should I know about using the air conditioner?

While your air conditioner is pretty simple to operate, there are a few things that you’ll need to know in order to ensure that you’re using it correctly and to avoid using it incorrectly. Here’s what you should know:

• If the outside temperature is close to freezing, the air conditioner (the actual AC function) may not work.

• If the AC light flashes when you push the button, turn the system off and back on. If it continues to flash, have the car inspected.

• If you notice that the windows are fogging up easily, turn the system to fresh air (windows fog more easily in recirculate mode).

• When you turn on the front defogger, the system will automatically switch to fresh air.

• You may notice that the air from the lower vents is warmer than the air from the upper

vents at times when using the heat. This is normal.

• To reduce the chance of odors from the air conditioner, turn the system to fresh air before cutting off the AC.