Q: Hand brake is stuck

My uncle put the hand brake on in case the hurricane would cause it to roll. Now i can't release it.

Hello. It is possible that your uncle may have just pulled the handbrake to its farthest point upwards. I would recommend asking your uncle to lower down the handbrake if possible for you first. It is possible that the handbrake lever can be lowered down by pulling it up even farther while pressing the release button. If this does not work, it is possible that something may have been damaged on the parking brake mechanism and may require repairs from a qualified professional. If you would like assistance, an expert from YourMechanic can come to your home to determine why your parking brake is stuck and make the necessary repairs.

3. Hand brake is stuck