Q: Gutted bmw E30

I have a 1988 BMW E30 and the back is gutted fitted with roll cage. Will There be issues trying to register it here in Maryland? Also one of the headlights has been converted into an air duct.

To register the vehicle, all lighting that it was equipped with at the factory must be in place and operational. As in most jurisdictions, Maryland’s safety inspection, required prior to titling and registering a used car, requires an inspection of a vehicle’s basic safety components, such as the steering wheel, brakes, wheels, tires, and rims, mirrors, glass, horn, and lights and signals. If the vehicle has been modified, it will also likely have to be inspected by the Maryland State Police Department as explained at this link. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.

3. Gutted bmw E30