Q: Burning or hot smell coming from under the back of car 2009 Dodge Journey

It is a hot smell coming from back of car. It's not the brakes. Almost smells like the exhaust is getting to hot. Just can't pin point it. Wonder if there is a restriction in the muffler. Seams to have goood flow coming out.

Smell in the car Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - there could be several causes for "something’s hot": a clogged catalytic converter, dragging brake, blocked muffler, and so on. This task might require a remote infrared heat sensor (so you don’t have to crawl under the vehicle), and several "drive a bit and check temperatures quickly". I recommend a vehicle inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.