Q: Burning or hot smell coming from under the back of car 2009 Dodge Journey

It is a hot smell coming from back of car. It's not the brakes. Almost smells like the exhaust is getting to hot. Just can't pin point it. Wonder if there is a restriction in the muffler. Seams to have goood flow coming out.

Hi there - there could be several causes for "something’s hot": a clogged catalytic converter, dragging brake, blocked muffler, and so on. This task might require a remote infrared heat sensor (so you don’t have to crawl under the vehicle), and several "drive a bit and check temperatures quickly". I recommend a vehicle inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Burning or hot smell coming from under the back of car 2009 Dodge Journey