Q: Green leaks and burnt smell. Ac doesnt work well.

My car is leaking a green fluid on the left front drivers side. There is also a burt smoke smell. I noticed a small bit of smoke or steam and it smells like burnt rubber but Im pretty sure its more than that. Also my AC blows, but its not very cold. I drove it for an hour and it still want cold, even with it being on max AC. What could this be?

If the anti-freeze currently installed in your engine is green in color, what you are probably seeing is a coolant leak. Engine coolant can leak externally through a hose, radiator, water pump, etc. These external leaks are typically pinpointed by simple pressure testing of the cooling system. To find the leak that exists in your case, and get the required repair estimated, please request an engine cooling system leak diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. With regard to the odor, that could be related to the leak. If the odor is of rubber, it could be due to a problem with an engine drive belt. Whatever the origin of the odor is, it would be evaluated at the same time that the leak diagnostic is performed.

With regard to the A/C system, there are innumerable things that can go wrong with an A/C system to cause a degradation in cooling and so the best thing to do is request an air conditioning system inspection. The possibilities that might account for the problem you are experiencing range from a stuck heater control valve to a malfunctioning expansion valve, low state of charge, refrigerant leaks, faulty cooling fans on the condenser and so forth. The only way to pin it down is to get the system professionally inspected and diagnosed. Once diagnosed, the mechanic will be in a position to give you a repair strategy to get the A/C system fully functioning and he or she will estimate the cost of the required repair. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Green leaks and burnt smell. Ac doesnt work well.