Q: Getting fuel, spark, compression, air still no start

asked by on September 18, 2017

So I wasn't getting spark so I change the whole ignition system and also changed my starter and then I find out my fuel pump wasn't working so I am hardwired my fuel pump up to a switch and still not starting it cranks and cranks sometimes it starts but then it dies but I can't consistently get it to start and run

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Considering you have taken on a lot of the main components all at once, you should take a moment to go back through the entire project thus far to make sure everything was done correctly and has been reconnected properly. Your problem sounds fuel related, and you should turn your attention back to the fuel system. To find out if your engine is actually getting the pressure it needs, you must install an in-line gauge to measure the fuel pressure available to the engine. Do this to rule out the pump and system up to that point. You may also want to look into the Mass Airflow Sensor and air intake system to make sure the computer knows its getting air. For more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr