Q: Getting an E3 error message

The CD changer is stuck and I get an E3 error message. I can't eject or load a CD.

An E3 error in a Toyota CD changer indicates that the unit has been mechanically jammed, which is why you can not eject or load any CD’s. This usually requires removal, and disassembly of the head unit to unjam, and sometimes even the need for a completely new head unit. OEM head units can sometimes be expensive to replace. I would recommend having a professional technician first check the vehicle to determine if the head unit does indeed need replacement.

3. Getting an E3 error message