Q: Gasoline clog

I am having gas problems. The screen keeps getting clogged with black gunky stuff.

If your C10 has a fuel filter at the inlet of the carburetor and it keeps getting clogged then there might be two possible causes. One would be the diaphragm of the fuel pump could be torn allowing engine oil to be sucked in by the fuel pump as it is mounted on the side of the engine block. Another possibility could be varnish from old fuel washing off the walls of the fuel tank. The fuel system, including pump, need to be inspected. The oil can be checked for a fuel smell, which would also indicate fuel getting into the oil due to a torn fuel pump diaphragm. The fuel system may need to be flushed including the carburetor. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, who can identify the the black substance and recommend the proper course of repair.

3. Gasoline clog