Q: Gas tank door jammed

Gas tank door wll not unlock when unlocking the doors nor will it unlock when using the remote device. What is the solution to this problem?

3. Gas tank door jammed

Q: Rebuilt transmission has oil and reverse but not forward 42re 2004 Dodge Dakota

Hi - this sounds like either the low gear clutch (hydraulic) or the forward drive sprag (mechanical one-way clutch) has malfunctioned. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come...

Q: automatic transmission works fine in reverse, 1st, and 2nd, but revs the engine in 3rd 4th 5th only goes 30mph

You could have a defective vehicle speed sensor, transmission shift solenoids, transmission control module, valve body in transmission, throttle position sensor and/or the interconnecting wiring, fuses, and terminals (involving the electrical components) could have a defect. Another possibility is an...

Q: Why won't my car accelerate?

There are a number of things that may cause the car to hesitate when accelerating such as low fuel pressure, a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially...