Q: Gas tank door jammed

Gas tank door wll not unlock when unlocking the doors nor will it unlock when using the remote device. What is the solution to this problem?

A: Your symptoms describe a faulty fuel door a...

Your symptoms describe a faulty fuel door actuator.

In most cases, the common fix for your vehicle's problem is to replace the fuel door actuator, but I do highly recommend having your fuel tank door failure inspected by a certified technician before replacing parts.

There are a couple of other variables that can cause your fuel door to not open. I have seen bad electrical connections prevent the fuel door from opening. It is also possible the door can be jammed or unable to move.

There should be a fuel door release cable inside your trunk, check your owners manual for the exact location. Once you locate it, you should be able to at least open it to fill up your gas tank.