Q: Gas gauge issue

Gas gauge floated. So i changed the fuel pump. Now gauge is stuck on full even when the key is off. Even if i unplug the wires from the pump. Stuck on full. Could it be the pump relay and what is the other three wires for on the pump?

The fuel gauge reading is correlated to a sending unit inside the fuel tank. This is a small float type component inside your fuel tank that measures the level of the fuel inside the tank. As the fuel level drops, the float level changes and sends a signal to the car’s computer which then displays the reading on the fuel gauge in your dash. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your fuel sending unit.