Q: Fuelpump

My car wont start and it havent been fully started for maybe 10 years, we have only sprayed start gas in the intake after the filter so it has only spun a few times every year. My grandfather says he has taken out some computer in the car and put it in a other car and then put it back in this car and after that the fuelpumps wont work. I cant hear them building up pressure and i have checked all the fuses and they are fine. And i dont under stand why it wont start when we spray start gas in it, it only turn al little but doesnt fully start. Please help!

Hello, thank you for writing in. In a vehicle this old, when it has sat for so long, there can be many issues causing your symptoms. If the starter spray is not helping, then its likely you do not have spark available. If you do not hear the fuel pump priming, then you may have several issues going on at once. Since you know the fuel pump is an issue, start there. When you know the engine has proper fuel pressure available, you can move onto the ignition system and focus on spark. Compression may also be an issue due to the age of the engine, and it can also be tested easily with the right gauges. For more help with these tests and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.