Q: Fuel Pump Swap on Rodeo Isuzu

I just would like to know if a 2002 fuel pump will work on a 2003 rodeo isuzu. They look the same but I dont want to make the mistake to buy it if its different from a 2003 pump.

A: If they look the same, it will likely work....

If they look the same, it will likely work. Make sure you are checking the connector connection closely. They can look the same but may not be. Small differences can make the difference. Also, check the hose connection. Make sure it is of the correct size. Lastly, and this is something that can't be check until it is installed, does it have the correct pressure and volume output. You might be able to find this information, but you may not. These sorts of specifications are often hard to come by.

The question I have is: can you just buy one for a 2003? Or, is this an Isuzu pump for a 2002 that you want to install on a 2003? If this is the case, it is normal for parts to fit multiple years, makes, and models. My feeling is, it is most likely correct. If you need help getting the right part, YourMechanic can source the correct fuel pump and install it for you.