Q: Fuel pump question on a 1993 Pontiac Bonnevile

I have a question about the fuel pump there are these little white wires that are connected to it and when my dad shakes them then my car will actually start but then when he stops it shuts off we replaced the battery thinking it was that just don't know what is the little white wires on the fuel pump do and what they are called

Hi there. Most of the time from the factory the fuel pump on this car will not have white wires. If this is an aftermarket pump, then it may have different color wires. If moving the wires allows the pump to turn on, then there is a short or open in those wires. That would mean that the pump needs to be replaced to repair the wiring. If you want to have this fuel pump problem repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair this.

3. Fuel pump question on a 1993 Pontiac Bonnevile