Q: Fuel pump not coming on car wont crank replaced tps fuel pump

asked by on July 28, 2017

Just replaced,a,fuel pump and a throttle position sensor and a throttle position,sensor connect but fuel pump not - on and car won't crank

If the fuel pump is not momentarily running and priming at key on, then the fuel pump circuit has to be traced to find the power interruption. The recommended service to accomplish that is an electrical circuit/component diagnostic. With regard to engine starting, if there is no cranking at all, that is no operation of the starter motor, among the first possibilities is a weak battery, excessive voltage drop in the starter circuit due to poor electrical connections, or a dead starter/solenoid. Prior to performing diagnostics the battery should be load tested. With a battery in good condition and the engine immobilizer (security system) off, if the starter motor does not operate at that point, there are only two possibilities: 1) either there is no power to the starter motor/solenoid, or an excessive voltage drop, hence the entire starter circuit would have to be diagnosed; or 2) there is power but the starter/solenoid itself is bad and that includes intermittent operation which does happen. If you desire that a specialist from YourMechanic determine which of these is the issue, and get it resolved, please request a no start diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.