Q: Front right hub assembly keeps going out.

I changed my front hub assembly around February of this year, it has been displaying the same symptoms lately. I know the hub needs replaced but I'm thinking there is something deeper that is causing the hub to go out. I drive about 2000 miles a week for work so my vehicle takes a beating. I have also noticed the entire vehicle seems to lean to the right at all times. Thanks for the help.

The most likely reason the bearing is going out again so soon is because the axle nut was not tightened correctly to specification. Over tightening it puts too much pressure on the new bearing and causes it to fail. If your vehicle is leaning to one side you should make sure the vehicle is empty and on flat ground, then measure from the ground to the fender at the center of the tire at each wheel and compare the left side to the right.

The front to back may be different and normal. If one or more wheel is low, then you may have a bad suspension component like bushings, ball joints, struts or springs. Make sure to tighten the new hub nut to 159 ft lbs with wheel the removed. If you need help with any of this, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can give your car a suspension inspection in person to identify what is causing these issues. They can also replace your wheel hub assembly for you if needed.