Q: front left wheel locked up

I will tell the entire story, first we had someone change starter then the service engine light came on along with the transmission failure light so then we changed the crank shaft sensor the transmission failure light went out immediately but the service engine light stayed on went to parts store they cleared the code and light went out everything was good backed up and when I put it in drive and took off the front left tire locked up so I put it in reverse to see if it would go backwards and it did so put it back in drive and took off got about 30 feet and it did it again. Towed it home took the tire off, someone said to lubricate the caliper because the car had been sitting up for awhile, did that and now it will go forward but makes a slight grinding sound.

Hi there. Although a locked up brake caliper can cause the issue you’re describing, it’s also possible that you have a wheel bearing that is damaged and needs to be replaced. However, due to the fact that multiple components might be faulty, it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete a wheel and brake inspection to determine what exactly needs to be serviced or replaced.

3. front left wheel locked up