Q: Front Engine Motor Mount missing Stopper Assy.

I have Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-l model and my front motor mount is incomplete. I don't have this parts no. Honda 50835-SFY-003 nr. 13 in diagram ( http://www.hondapartsnow.com/Page_Product/PartDetail.aspx?Vin=5FNRL38795B032021&Filter=()&SubCategoryUrl=engine-mounts&Diagram=&PartNumbers=50835-SFY-003 ). I change my motor mount with some cinese mount and I have vibration on my car. This parts nr 50835-SFY-003 is only the cover for motor mount or is assembly for motor mount? My vibratios is from cinese mount or from missing part? Thank You!

Hello. The stopper assembly is an essential, required part (the "stopper" is not a cosmetic cover). If the vibration started after you installed the aftermarket mount, the cause of the vibration is the aftermarket mount and you should remove it. Due to the critical function of these mounts, and the fact that some motor mounts incorporate hydraulic dampening (i.e., are highly engineered), it is strongly recommended that only OEM dealer parts be used. On a junk car, you can obviously use whatever mount you want, but if you want the car to work as designed and intended by Honda, OEM is your only choice (unless you want to set up a lab and do your own aftermarket parts testing).

It is not generally understood in the public that aftermarket parts are often NOT identical in quality, function, capability, or service life to the parts that were installed on the car when it was made by Honda. There are many meaningful differences in quality and so the alleged "savings", due to lower price, are frankly illusory because the aftermarket part is NOT the same as the OEM part. Vibration or no vibration, I would return the mount because I can guarantee it is sub-standard (based on Honda standards) and buy one on-line from a Honda dealer at a discount. If after installing all required parts, to the specified torque values as published in the Factory Service Manual, you still have this issue, please contact us and we will diagnose the vibration issue quickly for you and get it resolved. Thanks for your question.

3. Front Engine Motor Mount missing Stopper Assy.