Q: Front Defroster/Heater/AC

My main concern is its close to winter time here in Michigan and my car doesn't seem to be working properly when setting it to defrost or heat or even A/C. It takes roughly 30+ minutes if that to start up some times it kicks on within the normal time frame but most of the time it wont function at all. You can hear it kick up when turning AC on/off. Feel very little airflow if that at times at well. Checked some of the basics burping the system checked fuses partially. topped of antifreeze.

Hello. If you have already checked the basics, coolant level and fuses, then it may be possible that there is an issue with one of the heating system’s components. From what you describe it would appear that you may be having some sort of issue with the vehicle’s blower motor. The blower motor is the component that generates airflow for the system, and pushes air through the vents. If it fails or has an issue it can cause no air, or very little air to blow from the vents, even if the air is set to high. Similar symptoms can also be caused by a blend door actuator, which is the component that directs flow through the AC system’s vents. Both of these components are located beneath the dashboard and usually require interior disassembly to service. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine what is causing your heater to malfunction.

3. Front Defroster/Heater/AC